Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Camel Leather Wristlet




In this post I mentioned two leather wristlets that I made. Here is the second one: a camel-coloured wristlet. I made this one second, and I focused on hardware because I thought that the beautiful leather grain spoke for itself. I thought the hippie-era baked beads I got from an old family friend were a perfect match for the look. The tassel and rivets just sweetened the deal.


Delicious leather and my trusty sewing machine

Cut pieces for outside, lining, strap, tassel, and the two zippers
Leather close-up
Sewing on the zipper protector detailing in the lining

View of the lining

D-ring hardware
Full view, tassel and all

Hardware close-up

Notice the stitching and knotting details

The bead here is perfect

The other bead connects the D-ring to the zipper pull
 I am having a difficult time persuading myself to part with this one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment